Monday, December 21, 2009

Recitals, WiseWOMEN, Talents and Stitches

What do all these things have in common? They've all taken place in our family in the past week. And just when I thought life was slowin' down...

1. Recitals

Katelyn had her first piano recital on the 12th. She played three songs, "Christmas Time" (think Alvin and the Chipmunks), a great rendition of "Up on the Housetop," and "Graduation Song." She did an awesome job with NO mistakes.

After the piano portion she made a quick clothing change and danced a ballet to "Who Would Send a Baby," sung by another student. Katelyn was so graceful, she did such an incredible job.
(Pix and video to follow as soon as I figure out the video thing)

2. WiseWOMEN

Friday morning Anna had her Christmas program at school. We were all trying to figure out what part she would play in the Nativity play.

Katelyn kept quizzing her, "are you a ______" with every part of the nativity. Anna kept saying, "NO!" Then Katelyn dragged Anna over to our nativity and proceeded to ask her the same question while holding each piece individually. Then Katelyn pointed to the wisemen and said, "Are you THIS one?"

Anna said, "Yes, that's me!! I carry a gold gift to Jesus." So Katelyn said, "See, you are a wiseman." And Anna said, "No, I'M NOT!".

Well this bantering went on for a minute till' I threatened with, "Santa's Elves are watching..."

When we got to Anna's school for the performance I brought Anna over to her teacher and her teacher said, "oh Here's Anna. It's our WiseWOMEN!"

Anna was right she wasn't a Wiseman, She was a WiseWOMEN. DUH!

3. Talent Shows

If you know Katelyn you know she is super super shy in most circumstances. So imagine my surprise when she announced she wanted to do the talent show. She did this last year too and did a wonderful ballet that she did not get to preform because we ended up being in Utah for Grandpa Weilenmann's funeral.

Anyways, this year she decided she wanted to play the piano. She did the same 2 Christmas pieces from her recital. She was second to last in 22 acts, and if you can imagine an entire elementary school waiting you'll probably figure out that it was less than quiet.

As soon as Katelyn sat down at the piano it got quieter. Then she pulled out her music--1 song was 4 pages and we had copied and taped them to make one long page. When she set that up there was a "Wow" that echoed through the gymnasium. She played each piece and did an INCREDIBLE job.

She's only 7 and she played her songs in front of then entire school, and parents how had come to watch!

4. Stitches

It was pouring rain on Friday when we came out of the school after the talent show. We were rushing to get the girls in the van and ourselves. Well Brandon jumped in the drivers side and started up the car. I ran to the passenger side and with my head down threw open the door. And I threw it open right into my forehead about 1 inch above my right eyebrow.

Instinctively I grabbed my forehead and thought, "Ouch!" Only trouble was in the process of grabbing my forehead I felt open skin, and then pouring blood. So needless to say we went straight to the Dr. and I received 4 stitches...there goes my modeling career =).

So after last week I'm sure this week will be more relaxing, starting with the craziness of our playgroup Christmas party which I'm hosting in T MINUS 4 hours...Ok, maybe the relaxation will begin tomorrow...

No comments: