Friday, February 24, 2012
Here's what I wrote last year, with little updates regarding my process...
"1. I will participate in my wonderful friend's challenge titled, The Balanced Life (Can't wait, Thanks Chris!) Lasted about 2 weeks and then found out my whole world was changing.
2. I will make nutrition a priority and will exercise 4-6 times a week. I have been pretty good at this. I need to work harder though.
3. I will stop drinking Diet Coke Um...did I really write this? What was I thinking? Enough said.
4. I will treat my family with the love they all deserve As the circumtsances in my life have drastically changed, I can say those changes have caused me to follow through on this one. I have learned to never take a day for granted.
5. I will read one book to my girls each night before bed and take time to cuddle, hug, encourage and cry with them. The dishes can wait, the laundry will always be dirty, but little hearts are growing and they need me more! So much better at this. We read and read and read at night. And the girls know if one of them brushes my hair I will never stop. I LOVE bedtime now!
6. I will severely limit my Internet time. I mean really, it's pretty ridiculous lately =/ I am still working on this.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I've slowly began to realize that I may never be exactly what I was when I was 20 years old. And slowly, but surely, but really slowwwwwlllllyyyy....I am becoming okay with that. I'm understanding that having three kids will never be like it was to have one, and I'm fine with that. "The New Normal" helps me to understand that the craziness that most times exists within my world is not so different than that of anyone else.
We are all figuring out our "New Normal." (Especially me)
And that segways into the following. I am not a big New Year's Resolutions person. I never have been. I've tried to be, believe me, I have. I would describe anything I try to change in my life in the following analogy. Picture me as one large rubber band. I can be pulled, stretched and expanded in many different directions at once. And then, just as a rubber band would do, I either bound back to my original, comfortable, safe self, or I break and snap others in the process. Either way it's not a pretty process. So this year I'm looking at 2011 as my year to slowly stretch myself.
So here are the ways I WILL do that
1. I will participate in my wonderful friend's challenge titled, The Balanced Life (Can't wait, Thanks Chris!)
2. I will make nutrition a priority and will exercise 4-6 times a week.
3. I will stop drinking Diet Coke
4. I will treat my family with the love they all deserve
5. I will read one book to my girls each night before bed and take time to cuddle, hug, encourage and cry with them. The dishes can wait, the laundry will always be dirty, but little hearts are growing and they need me more!
6. I will severely limit my Internet time. I mean really, it's pretty ridiculous lately =/
So far, this is my list. It's enough for me right now. There are some little things and there are some BIG things. But most importantly there are "things" =).
Happy Goal Setting!
Monday, January 3, 2011
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Waiting to see Santa. Notice Ellie's "worried" expression....and then.....
Santa!!! So okay, this picture is actually a few weeks prior to our Charleston Santa encounter. Yes, we made the poor child do it more than once. Three times to be exact and each time came with the same response. But I thought this one was classic, just look closer at Santa's expression. "What did I get myself into...."
Thursday, October 28, 2010
And then a short 40 mins......two mini freak outs.......and one awesome discovery (missing pool bag) later........
Just 40 short minutes later....................and two minor breakdowns...................and 1 really awesome discovery (missing swim toys....still warm enough to use them!!!!)........................
AFTER: So peaceful and calm looking I may just curl up there to sleep tonight. It happens to be the cleanest space in the house..