Friday, September 19, 2008

We're cautiously excited

Well.,...hm.. a lot to blog about actually.

I'll start with Tuesday afternoon. No mom wants to get the following call, and when you get your first one you're entitled to a little hysteria and crying right? So...I had just driven Anna's babysitter home, returned to my house and laid down on the couch (explanation for the tiredness to follow) and the phone rings...

Me: "Hello"
Lady: "Hi, Is this Mrs. Weilenmann?"
Me: "Yes, speaking" and I quickly check caller id to see who in the world is so formal...unavailable...hmm...
Lady: "This is Nurse so and so from IB, Katelyn's school."
Me: "yes!?!"
And here I think ok, scenario 1=Lice (insert me screaming here, too tired to deal with that)
Lady: "Katelyn had a little incident on the playground this afternoon,"
Whew...no lice...scenario 2=she had an accident, not incident and needs clean clothes...
Me: "Is she ok" of course I mean mentally b/c nothing could be physically wrong
Lady: "Actually Katelyn fell off some monkey bars and has split her chin open and we need you to come immediately b/c I am sure she needs stitches."
Insert wild panic, me jumping off couch, tears coming to my eyes and sheer fear. It wasn't until I picked her up and saw Katelyn calmly holding a pad up to her chin that I realized she was just fine. Phew....panic over...

Thankfully the great pediatricians here (seriously the best peds office I've ever been to) was able to dermabond it. As the dr was gluing it shut I was thinking of Grandpa Cook's response to my cuts after running through the window at good ole' SJHS. (K you can stop laughing now!! I seriously didn't see the window). My Grandpa had to come get me and he said, "you don't need stitches, you just need to super glue it shut, that's what I do." Too bad we didn't develop that technology...

So now to the part of why I was lounging on the couch. Drum roll please....the meaning of the blog titled now revealed....We are going to be adding a new addition to our family! Yes, I am expecting. I've made it to the 12 weeks and now feel cautiously excited. I've had some problems, I had a very common condition called vanishing twin syndrome, and b/c of that I've had to take it real easy and will continue to take it easy for the next month and hope that it has resolved by then. But it's an accomplishment for me to make it this far, so like the post title says, "We're cautiously excited."

7 comments:

Lois said...

Congratulations! We're excited for your little family!

Melissa said...

What great news!
We hope to see you soon...

Carrie said...

Hooray! I'm SOOOOO excited for you! Congratulations on the pregnancy and making it this far. You'll be in my prayers.

Catherine Odiorne said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you're doing well! Sorry I haven't gotten the chance to talk to you lately, I see you during sacrament meeting and then when I get in primary I can't talk to anyone, just little children:) And today in Primary, I didn't notice anything on Kaitlin's chin! Those doctors must be amazing!

Christina said...

Congratulations!! That is really exciting! By the way I was talking about your window incident with my sister-in-law the other day...sorry but that is a funny story to remember! haha. Keep us updated on the pregnancy!

Jay Jones said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you Liz! You'll be in our prayers too, you are such a great mother. YEAH!!!!!

karlin said...

congrats! I hope you continue to have a good pregnancy.