Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Me and My Girls


Everyday I feel so blessed to have such wonderful children. They are a light to me in my most difficult times. This past week I burned my hand pretty badly on the curling iron (long story, I blame it on pregnant mushy brains) the minute I screamed (and boy did I scream) Anna came running in saying, "mommy, mommy are you ok?" I'm sure everyone expecting to see me severely maimed (which my hand kind of was). But Anna was just the sweetest. She said, "don't worry mom, i will get you a band aid." And brought me all her favorite toys and stroked my face as I lay on Brandon's shoulder and just cried.

Katelyn is incredible as well. This past week was parent/teacher conferences and Katelyn took me around to all her teachers. Her music teacher said if the school was full of student like Katelyn she would be the world's happiest teacher. Katelyn has a talent for obedience, she always has and I'm sure always will.

Funny things they do/say that I am grateful for as well...

After I burned my hand I commented to Brandon that it hurt so bad that I just wanted to cut it off, immediately Anna said, "Mommy! Don't cut off your hand!" She was so worried that I really would. Later that day we were driving to the mall for trick or treating and we saw an SUV with one of those plastic feet hanging out the back and fake blood all over it (gross yes!) and Anna said, "Mommy I want that for our car." When I explained that we didn't have anything like that and probably never would Anna wanted to know if it would be okay to just use her leg. Uh...NO! but we had a good laugh anyways.

Anna is always telling everyone, "my mommy is really sick b/c she has a baby in her tummy." And Katelyn is still telling everyone, "they think it's a girl, but they aren't positive" with an emphasis on them not being positive.

I also have to say how grateful I am for Brandon. He is such a hard worker. This past year he won an award for being BUSINESS PARTNER OF THE YEAR. I think he should also win in the following categories: FATHER OF THE YEAR and HUSBAND OF THE YEAR. Since I've started in on this pregnancy things have been really rough. I haven't felt good the majority of the time so things in the house have really slid off balance. Brandon has never complained about no dinner, no clean socks or ironed shirts. He has taken the girls to all the fun places I usually love to take them to and has even gotten them excited about fishing. And taking Anna fishing deserves an award itself. He has also been extremely tolerant of my rantings, emotional outbursts and downright rudeness. I'm sure he is thinking, "where is my wife and when will she return?" Anyways, not to carry on too much but he is WONDERFUL!!

4 comments:

karlin said...

sorry about your hand. that sounds painful. children are so worth it. i love getting good reports from their teachers. it's the best. glad brandon has been taking good care of you. sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Jay Jones said...

Your family is so cute. We love you guys so much and so glad we can keep in touch through blogging. Looks like you are having a great autumn!!!

Laura Lynn said...

You guys are some of the nicest people I know. I think you are just experiencing everyone else's normal! Looks like things are fun around the island - wish I were there!

Melissa said...

Hope your hand is healing quickly Liz! Looks like a great autumn... we hope to see you for Thanksgiving... we love you all!