Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our trip to Utah

Well we had quite the eventful time in Utah. It began 2 days prior to our actual departure. I was awoken by the sound of Katelyn vomiting. Aggh....poor thing, and did I mention, my worst nightmare. Katelyn seemed tired when Monday rolled around, but hadn't thrown up for over 24 hours so we figured we were "safe" and we left. Well Katelyn started vomiting again on the airplane (imagine all the other THRILLED passengars...) and during our layover Anna started in on the fun. Unfortunately the bug continued to grow and infect others. We hope one day our family will forgive us....by the way WE ARE SO SORRY....again!
Well after 1 week, yes one week of stomach illness our family was finally well. Then it continued through, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and future aunts (so sorry Aubrey, we hope you know how excited we are to have you join our family...what a welcoming gift!).
We still managed to have an incredible time that week and so much fun in the following week. Please enjoy the pictures. Brandon is an incredible photographer!


Katelyn and Grandpa


Katelyn and Brownie



All the cousins...they had a great time (when they weren't sick!)


Aunt Lisa, one of the girls favorite people in the whole world!


Me and my angel!!!!!

Anna contemplating life and love at the old Park City silver mine


Justin

Katelyn and I on the Park City ski lift


Three brothers - Justin, Joshua, Brandon


24th of July celebration with family in Midway

Katelyn and Great Grandpa Dahl


Joshua and Aubrey


Blue Eyes!!


Family night at the baseball game

Annual trip to the Uintas

Katelyn and her cousin Jessica in Millcreek canyon

4 comments:

Jay Jones said...

It was so fun to see you in Utah Liz!!! And to see your girls! I'm so glad that we can blog to keep in touch! You're such a great friend!

TheCrowes said...

I'm so sorry you were sick on your trip--what a nightmare! Glad you had a good time anyway! The last pic of you and Anna is adorable!

Jay Jones said...

I guess I already left a comment on this one, but it was before your pictures were up so I have to leave another comment. Brandon IS an amazing photographer! I love all of your pictures!!!!

karlin said...

Beautiful pictures! They look professional. Sorry we didn't get to catch up with you while you were in Utah and I'm so sorry everyone was sick. What a nightmare. We have actually had a couple of family trips like that. The worst was we were all in the same hotel room and every one of my kids and my siblings were throwing up at the same time. I know that sounds so gross but seriously one of us had the toilet, one the bath tub, one the sink, the other garbage cans. It was the worst. I only told you that disgusting story because I feel your pain. I'm glad you were able to feel well enough to do a few fun things.