Thursday, April 17, 2008

Training for a 5K

Well, this will truly hold me accountable. I just started training for a 5K. I've been doing a program Body for Life for sooooo long and was getting bored of it and haven't been too happy with myself for a few months. I decided I needed a workout overhaul, somewhere to focus my attention in a different direction. So I decided on a 5k, not a marathon, a 5k. I know it's only 3.2 miles and that's not horribly difficult, but it's just my start. After the 5k, I'll progress to a 10k, though I dont' see myself ever doing a marathon, who knows. If I end up loving it, I just might.

My race will be June 7th, on the beach. I am nervous already, I need to improve my speed drastically. If any of you have ideas please let me know.

And Blanding buddies, if anyone knows of a race during the first part of August, in that area will you please let me know. I would love to run something while I'm home in Utah. And maybe you could all join me!!! That would make it a lot more fun.

Liz

3 comments:

Jay Jones said...

That's so exciting Liz, you're seriously the woman! I don't know of any races at that time, but if I hear of any I'll let you know.

Lois said...

This is Brandon's college friend Lois! Way to go Liz! I think once you do the 5K you will be hooked and want to go for more! I ran my 1st marathon last Oct - it was a blast training with friends! You may want to look into this relay www.ragnarrelay.com they have a UT one in June and it's so fun to do with friends! We did the AZ one in February! Check out these sites for races www.coolrunning.com www.runningintheusa.com All the best and can't wait to hear how your race goes!

Mendoza family said...

Hey Liz!! It's Danelle I was so excited to see your blog!! I need to add you to my list.
So, running, Stay in your heart rate zone and you will naturally speed up in one month we went from 15 min miles 4 miles in an hour to 12 min miles 5 miles in an hour(still working obviously) I love jogging and i will find out about a race in August cause i would LOVE to run it with ya!! Keep in touch!