Friday, May 23, 2008

Update

Well, I thought I was keeping current on this thing and then BAM it's almost been a month since I last posted. We've had some really fun things going on in our family this past month.

Katelyn performed in the Petter Rabbit ballet, she did such an incredible job. She is also playing soccer, which hasn't turned out to be her favorite thing but we are learning a great lesson in following through with what you say you'll do (I'm secretly counting down the days till' it's over). Katelyn also had her end of the year performance at school, she was a wave.

Anna is still as bubbly as ever. She has managed to keep us on our toes now for 2 and 1/2 years and I'm sure we'll stay that way for quite sometime. We've learned that time-out does not phase Anna, but taking away her 3 favorite dresses, (basically the only clothes she will wear) is VERY effective. All I have to do is say, "Ann if you make that choice you'll lose your dresses," and she makes a 180 degree turn. On Monday I had to take the dresses away and she was not happy, 20 mins later she came into the kitchen in a dress-up dress. I said, "Anna, mommy said no dresses." She just looked at me and matter-of-factly said, "Momma...it's not a dress, it's a dress-UP." Out of the mouths of babes....lol... Anna has started riding her little 2 wheeler bike, with training wheels, we enjoy riding down to see the goats just outside our neighborhood. It takes us quite some time, since we have to stop for every flower, or weed that resembles a flower.

We also celebrated Brandon's birthday on a dolphin ride, it was a lot of fun. We are so thankful for him and all he does....

The weather has been great, not too humid and not too hot yet. We are trying to take full advantage of it.

We are so excited for our trip to Utah!!!!! We hope we'll be able to see everyone!!!!!



Anna having family fun. She laughs so hard when she sees these pictures

Katelyn had to get in on the action as well.

Happy Birthday Brandon! We Love You!!!

Anna and her friend picking strawberries for playgroup. This is one the 3 dresses spoken about below in my post. Notice the smile? It's comes with the dress.

4 comments:

Jay Jones said...

That is so cute that Anna loves her dresses so much! Isn't that a fun age! I'm glad you guys are doing so good. It's fun to hear what you're up to!

Catherine Odiorne said...

That is so funny and cute about the dresses! Your blog made me laugh! Keep up the running! (I know you love to stop and smell those weeds ;)

Kayla said...

Hey Liz! This blogging world is so great, I have run accross several blogs in the past couple of days of people that I havent seen in years, you included:) You have such a great family! It's fun to read about all that you have been doing. Your girls are adorable.

Ginger said...

Hey Liz,
I guess I haven't been keeping up on you guys. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Life this time of year does stay so busy, it's good you're enjoying it. We will have to get together when you're in town.