Friday, October 12, 2007

updating some of our summer fun

Ok, so if anyone is even reading this blog, you're probably thinking, this was a long time ago. But since I'm catching up I'm going to post about our fun summer.

This HOT summer, we had a great visit with Lisa and Spencer. It was so fun to have them back here in SC with us. I think it was the hottest week on record. It was the first time I noticed legs do sweat. It was really really hot.

We did a lot of time at the beach and the pool and had so much fun at that. We did most of our sightseeing by car, in the ac.

It's always hard to say Good-bye, this visit went by way too fast. We hope Lisa and Spencer and all our family get to come visit us again soon. take this as your open invitation.


Our Precious Turtle Sally




I'm not sure how many of you have heard of Sally the Turtle. Well let me tell you the story, it's a good one. One Saturday afternoon Brandon took Katelyn golfing, around the time they got done I got a phone call. "Hi mom, it's Katelyn,"

I respond, "Hi, katelyn, how was golfing?"

"It was so fun! and guess what mom, we got a new pet!"

"Really? What kind of pet?!!"

"A turtle, we found it"

"Let me talk to your dad"

"Ok, mom. The Turtle's name is Sally."

Dad gets on, "Hi Liz, we had so much fun."

"What about a turtle?"

"We caught a turtle and we're bringing it home."

"Where is this turtle?"

"In my golf bag."

"Hm...ok, how big is this turtle."

"big"

"Ok, sounds fun..." notice my excitement

Well the rest of the story is, we put Sally in a tank, gave her yummy salad to eat and a tree frog for a friend, and all night Saturday night no one slept. Sally kept clawing at the tank to try and get out. So needless to say Sunday we had a "bye, bye, Sally party" at the docks and sent her to live with the other turtles. Oh and the fate of the frog? Let's just say that very hungry fish live in the water...poor frog.




Grandpa and Grandma came to visit. We had a wonderful time with them. We really hope they can come again soon.

No comments: